Golf Forum - Golf Rewound is the Family Friendly Golf Forum and Discussion Group  

Go Back   Golf Forum - Golf Rewound is the Family Friendly Golf Forum and Discussion Group > Gear Gossip > Gear Reviews > Hybrid Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How did you like the Bang-O-Matic Hybrid?
Eagle 3 100.00%
Birdie 0 0%
Par 0 0%
Bogey 0 0%
Double Bogey 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Official Golf Rewound Sponsor
Tournament Winner

Bang Bang-O-Matic Hybrid

What did you think of the Bang Bang-O-Matic Hybrid's?

Put GRW in the Coupon Box at checkout to recieve a %10 Discount
Old 05-09-2008, 02:03 PM
That wasn't chicken!
Grand Slam

Send a message via AIM to GolfSavage Send a message via Yahoo to GolfSavage
Re: Bang Bang-O-Matic Hybrid

Christian sent me one of these BOM #5 24* hybrids to demo. He might not get it back!

By far the best hybrid I have ever played. Easiest to hit, knocking one dead straight, 200 yards out of the right rough the first time I tried it!

I'd recently bought a Nickent 3DX DC #3 hybrid, and just couldn't hit it well on the course. I'd bought that after trying some Bazooka JMax IronWoods, with little success.
I've also hit Cleveland, Titleist and Callaway hybrids at the range, and used a buddy's TaylorMade a couple of times on the course. While the Taylormade was probably my favorite of all the OEMs, it was a #3 19* and didn't give me as much distance and control as the BOM #5 24*.

The BOM 5H head was mated to an Enzo Nano-pipe shaft, similar to the one in the Infiniti 658 7 iron I also demo'd (and reviewed in the Irons section). Is it a coincidence that these two clubs, both with Enzo shafts, were my favorites out of all the clubs Christian sent me to demo? I can't say for sure, as I am not a shaft expert by any means. But I do know when I use a club and the shaft doesn't feel right. No problem with these clubs. Solid feel, great control, and with my higher-than-average swing speed they felt great.

I plan on adding a couple of these BOM hybrids to my bag. Not only are they the best hybrids I've ever used, they are great looking clubs. I can play them from the tee, fairway or rough. I can make it draw or fade. I can't find a weakness.

If you get a chance, or are looking for a hybrid, try these clubs out. You aren't being fair to yourself if you don't!

Old 05-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Golf Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfSavage View Post
Christian sent me one of these BOM #5 24* hybrids to demo. He might not get it back!

By far the best hybrid I have ever played. Easiest to hit, knocking one dead straight, 200 yards out of the right rough the first time I tried it!

I'd recently bought a Nickent 3DX DC #3 hybrid, and just couldn't hit it well on the course. I'd bought that after trying some Bazooka JMax IronWoods, with little success.
I've also hit Cleveland, Titleist and Callaway hybrids at the range, and used a buddy's TaylorMade a couple of times on the course. While the Taylormade was probably my favorite of all the OEMs, it was a #3 19* and didn't give me as much distance and control as the BOM #5 24*.

The BOM 5H head was mated to an Enzo Nano-pipe shaft, similar to the one in the Infiniti 658 7 iron I also demo'd (and reviewed in the Irons section). Is it a coincidence that these two clubs, both with Enzo shafts, were my favorites out of all the clubs Christian sent me to demo? I can't say for sure, as I am not a shaft expert by any means. But I do know when I use a club and the shaft doesn't feel right. No problem with these clubs. Solid feel, great control, and with my higher-than-average swing speed they felt great.

I plan on adding a couple of these BOM hybrids to my bag. Not only are they the best hybrids I've ever used, they are great looking clubs. I can play them from the tee, fairway or rough. I can make it draw or fade. I can't find a weakness.

If you get a chance, or are looking for a hybrid, try these clubs out. You aren't being fair to yourself if you don't!
Golf Savage,

My Uncle just purchased the BOM 4 hybrid...he tells me>>"I can do no wrong with this club!" He may be replacing 3 through 6 iron with the BOM hybrid in the near future>>>Bang-O-Matic Hybrid, Maraging Steel Black/Blue - Bang Golf, Inc. The lofts go from 12 to 61 degrees. Mid to high Launch and as you said, "CONTROL!"

Great Hybrid for the Ladies as well>>>PINK BOM>>>Bang-O-Matic Hybrid, Maraging Steel Pink - Bang Golf, Inc.

>>>Oh it must have been a Bang Driver!!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:12 PM
That wasn't chicken!
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang-Golf View Post
Golf Savage,

My Uncle just purchased the BOM 4 hybrid...he tells me>>"I can do no wrong with this club!" He may be replacing 3 through 6 iron with the BOM hybrid in the near future>>>Bang-O-Matic Hybrid, Maraging Steel Black/Blue - Bang Golf, Inc. The lofts go from 12 to 61 degrees. Mid to high Launch and as you said, "CONTROL!"

Great Hybrid for the Ladies as well>>>PINK BOM>>>Bang-O-Matic Hybrid, Maraging Steel Pink - Bang Golf, Inc.
I'll definitely be adding at least the #4 and #5 BOM Hybrids to my bag, with the Enzo Nan-pipe shaft. I just have to get rid of those other hybrids I wasted time with through ebay or something.

After my experience with the Bang Strom and these BOM hybrids, I'll have to make sure to give other Bang products a chance when I'm looking to upgrade my bag.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Golf Enthusiast

My good friend in Denver, Colorado is playing the BOM hybrid #6 with a graphite shaft (nano-tube by enzo)...he has added at least 12 more yards than his old 6 iron.

>>>Oh it must have been a Bang Driver!!
Old 05-16-2008, 10:19 PM
That wasn't chicken!
Grand Slam

Ok, Scott, tell me the truth - a BOM hybrid SAND WEDGE? Could you actually play with a complete set of hybrids, replacing ALL the irons? Can I see some pictures of the higher lofted hybrids (especially the "wedges"!)? Just blows my mind to consider hitting a flop shot or from a greenside bunker with a hybrid wedge!